Are you looking for a new venture at the heart of Swiss Re’s economic value management and steering framework? Do you love to work in an intellectually stimulating, interdisciplinary, and international environment? If yes, find out more about our open position in the Economic Valuation and Methodology team.
In this position, you will:
• Take ownership of the calibration process of parameters for the EVM*, US GAAP and IFRS accounting frameworks
• Contribute to the reporting of EVM financial statements, including governance related tasks
• Develop and provide customised / ad-hoc analyses and investigate data anomalies related to EVM parameters and EVM reported numbers
• Contribute to the implementation of new technologies in our processes and tools
• Bring up and embrace new ideas to support our internal clients and to take advantage of an agile and changing environment
• Contribute to cross functional working groups or projects on matters of economic-based valuation and reporting frameworks
• Analyse and review applications of the EVM framework in valuation systems and applications
About the team
Economic Valuation & Methodology is a team of nine split between Zurich and Bratislava, and we are part of Group Reporting within Group Finance. We maintain and further develop the Group’s framework for Economic Value Management (EVM) and act as the centre of competence for its interpretation and implementation. In addition, we maintain the methodology for determining the available capital under the main regulatory framework for Swiss Re (Swiss Solvency Test – SST) and contribute to general debates within Swiss Re around business steering based on economic principles.
We are closely working together with the Economic Reporting team in Zurich. Also, we collaborate with colleagues in Finance and Treasury as well as in Risk Management, Asset Management and Underwriting on matters related to economic valuation and capital allocation.
*EVM is Swiss Re’s internal framework for measuring value creation and steering the company, including planning, pricing, reserving and asset-liability management (ALM). EVM also serves as starting point for our economic-based regulatory reporting such as the Swiss Solvency Test (SST) or Solvency II.