We are looking for a Senior Finance Leader with a strategic mindset, client focus and a proven leadership track record in an international corporate environment to lead our global function ‚General Ledger Accounting Services‘ which is mainly based in Bratislava and Bangalore. You will have the opportunity to lead a department of experienced accounting professionals and further develop the department in line with our business strategy.
The role oversees the delivery of general ledger accounting services within Finance Reinsurance and Group Operations and from its service providing functions, owns the internal control environment and ensures compliance with local and group accounting and reporting requirements.
Core responsibilities include:
- Strategic positioning of the function including agreement on services delivery model with regional finance teams
- Global stakeholder management at all levels including internal and external auditors
- Financial Accounting for assigned legal entities in the area of Non-Technical Accounting (Fixed Assets, Accounts Receivables, Intercompany, Accrual/Provisions, Indirect Taxes etc)
- Provision of General Ledger Accounting Services to decentralized finance teams including General Ledger postings, running of legal entity closing processes for various countries following global and local accounting principles
- Ownership of respective global processes and systems (SAP General Ledger)
- Ensure compliance with global and local standards through an effective internal risk & control framework
- Drive strategic projects e.g. successfully complete implementation of SAP General Ledger
- Drive global standardization, innovation, automation and process improvements
- Management of an international team located in different countries including staffing, personnel administration, people and team development, mentoring, coaching, trustful and open communication on 360 degree basis – lead by example and live our values
Besides the overall responsibility for accounting and general ledger services, the Head General Ledger Accounting Services is also expected to drive the operational implementation of relevant accounting policy changes and own global best practices in the assigned area e.g. lease accounting.
The position acts with a high degree of autonomy & discretion within the delegated authority.