Výzva, ktorú v organizácii riešime / Challenge we are facing
The objective of the internship is to allow the successful candidate to gain an insight into work at a top tier international law firm in Slovakia. The programme aims allow the candidate to gain exposure to different areas of practice, which may include banking, mergers and acquisitions, competition law, regulatory or capital markets. There may also be opportunities to work on pro bono projects with local and international charities or other non-profit organisations.
Koho hľadáme / Our requirements
The candidate should:
- be pursuing an undergraduate, graduate or post-graduate degree in law
- be in the final or penultimate year of study (candidates intending to commence a master’s degree programme immediately after the internship are also welcome to apply; same applies for recent graduates)
- be fluent in Slovak and English
- have a good academic record
- be keen on analysing complex legal issues
- have interest in transactional work, including banking, finance, M&A and capital markets, and/or regulatory work
- seek out new challenges
- be a fast learner
- be pragmatic, self-motivated, flexible, resilient and a good team player
- be able to work with MS Office at an intermediate level
The application should consist of a CV and a cover letter in English.
White and Case will be selecting from candidates recommended by LEAF.
The following selection process will consists of
- review of the CV and cover letter;
- one psychometric test and one test involving identification, analysis and discussion of legal issues; and
- video conference, phone or in-person interviews.
Preferovaný odbor štúdia
- Ekonomické a právne vedy
Znalosť jazykov / Language requirements
Digitálne zručnosti / Digital skills required
- Rola zahŕňa málo, až žiadny kontakt s klientom.
- Rola vyžaduje tímovú spoluprácu na úlohách.
- Rola vyžaduje prácu na viacerých zadaniach naraz.
- Rola ponúka stabilitu a jasnosť procesov.
- Rola ponúka príležitosť implementovať nové návrhy/koncepty/stratégie.
Prečo si vybrať práve nás / Why choose us
As one of the most significant law firms in Slovakia, White & Case is regularly acknowledged by independent ranking publications as a leading law firm in virtually every area of law.
O organizácii a našom poslaní / About organisation and our purpose
White & Case LLP is a leading global law firm with lawyers in 44 offices in 30 countries. Among the first US-based law firms to establish a truly global presence, we provide counsel and representation in virtually every area of law that affects cross-border business. Our clients value both the breadth of our global network and the depth of our US, English and local law capabilities in each of our regions and rely on us for their complex cross-border transactions, as well as their representation in arbitration and litigation proceedings.