Výzva, ktorú v organizácii riešime / Challenge we are facing
USSK, given its size and impact on the economy, has always been in a lively dialogue with the local authorities, national government as well as with the European institutions. Legislation and regulations created, respectively amended on any kind of level mentioned above, can have an enormous impact on manufacturers like the steelmakers. Given the ever growing frequency of legislative initiatives both on the EU as well as the national level, USSK office in Bratislava seeks assistance during the summer with their everyday duties, and also with the aim to execute specifically assigned projects that are beyond its capacities during the year.
- Preparation of PowerPoint presentations, official position papers, letters, analytical documents, and other documents for USSK external and internal communication
- Monitoring political events and legislative initiatives (both in the Slovak Republic and on the European level)
- Communication with stakeholders important to USSK
- Working on individual assignment: Specific assignment will be defined and confirmed after the completion of the selection process. Its specifications are expected to stem from 2020 parliamentary elections, and subsequently from the new Programme Manifesto of the Slovak Government.
Koho hľadáme / Our requirements
- Knowledge of and interest in Slovak and EU economic and political affairs
- Understanding of the European institutional framework and legislative process
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team
The applicant needs to submit a CV and a motivation letter (both in English).
Preferovaný odbor štúdia
- Humanitné a spoločenské vedy
- Ekonomické a právne vedy
- Medzinárodné vzťahy
Znalosť jazykov / Language requirements
- Anglický jazyk: C1
Digitálne zručnosti / Digital skills required
- Microsoft Excel: Pokročilý
- Rola zahŕňa málo, až žiadny kontakt s klientom.
- Rola vyžaduje, schopnosť do veľkej miery pracovať na úlohách samostatne.
- Rola vyžaduje prácu na viacerých zadaniach naraz.
- Rola ponúka dynamickosť a možnosť tvoriť procesy za chodu.
- Rola ponúka príležitosť vymýšľať nové návrhy/koncepty/stratégie.
Prečo si vybrať práve nás / Why choose us
We are offering a unique opportunity for an internship with one of the biggest private employers in Slovakia. Our Office of Governmental, EU Affairs & REACH located in Bratislava intensively cooperates with our colleagues in Kosice. We want our intern to become a fully integrated part of our team collaborating with us on our everyday duties and also executing specifically assigned projects that are beyond our capacities during the year.
The intern will have the opportunity to work on a wide spectrum of topics and gain a greater insight into the ones of a specific interest to him/ her. Just for an illustration, the most pressing issues and challenges that the department has been dealing with in recent months include, among others: Advocacy aimed at creating a level playing field for European industries, Safeguards and Trade Defense Instruments, Climate Policy, EU Emission Trading Scheme and decarbonization of European industry, Circular Economy, Life-cycle assessment (LCA) approach, domestic legislation and policies (e.g. energy market, labour issues, taxes).
O organizácii a našom poslaní / About organisation and our purpose
Steel is essential to advancing modern society. In fact, countless aspects of our lives wouldn’t be possible without it. From state-of-art household appliances and safer, more fuel-efficient automobiles – to steel framing that makes our homes stronger and tubular products that support the development of energy resources – our products build quality of life for people around the world. U.S. Steel Košice (USSK) is the largest integrated flat rolled steel producer in Central Europe with capacity of almost 4.5 million Mt of raw steel. Originally state owned East Slovak Iron Works (Východoslovenské železiarne / VSZ) were acquired by the United States Steel Corporation in 2000, following a joint venture project with VSZ since 1998. U.S. Steel is in fact one of the largest private employers in Slovakia with almost 11,000 people including its daughter companies. The production program consists of a wide range of hot and cold rolled products, coated products, including galvanized, plastic-coated, tinplate and sheet for the electrical industry. In addition to U-rolled products, USSK also produces spiral welded pipes. As an export oriented company, USSK is strongly influenced by the worldwide demand, market prices of the products, prices and availability of raw materials and energy, as well as the regulation of international trade. A responsible approach to business is fundamental and permanent principle of U.USSK which is a leading contributor to the economic, environmental, and social development of Košice and Eastern Slovakia. The Company supports community projects in healthcare, education, charity, sport and culture.